Sunday, January 11, 2015

Far Too Long

It has been far too long since I have thought about adding to this blog. After watching Matt Cutts TED Talk - Try something New for 30 Days I have decided to renew my blogging efforts. If for no other reason than to chronicle my thinking around the profession I have dedicated my adult life to - teaching. 

So here's my first post for the new year. Today I watched a webinar about personalizing professional development to meet the diverse needs and passions of educators. Three passionate educators; Tom Murray, Kyle Pace and Steven Anderson shared their insights and experiences around why, how and when educators should be allowed to personalize their professional development. Listening to them was like listening to conversations I have had with colleagues in my own building over the past year. Hearing them discuss personalized PD was so reaffirming. I hope others will also find them as insightful and inspiring as I did.